World Kidney Day 11 March 2021
Posted by Elsie Correia on
Today is International Kidney Day. There are eight golden rules on how you can take care of your kidneys.
- Keep fit and be active.
- A healthy diet will help to maintain ideal body weight and prevent diabetes. Reduce your salt intake, prepare your food with fresh ingredients and avoid processed food.
- Check and control your blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Check and control your blood pressure.
- Take appropriate fluid intake-guideline is 2 litres a day for a healthy person.
- Don’t smoke- smoking slows the flow of the blood to the kidneys.
- Don’t take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory/pain-killer pills regularly.
- Get your kidney function checked regularly.
For more information and to do the kidney quiz, follow this link: http://bit.ly/3rC3fPJ